Some people may think lost or deleted files recovery from computer, external hard drive, USB flash drive or some other media storage devices is impossible, unless they know that those deleted or formatted files are not actually removed from the hard drive or the storage device, but they are merely marked so that they are seen as “blank space” by the operating system and are not officially gone until they are written over by new data. From this point, it is highly possible for us to recover the lost files due to accident deletion or wrong formatting as long as they have not been written over by new data.
What shall we do to get the deleted or formatted files back?
- 1. If you deleted files on a computer.
In this situation, the first thing you should do is to check the recycle bin or trash on your desktop to find if your lost files are there. As soon as you see the file you want to get back, you can “restore” or “pull back” it. There are no such options to recover files after empty the recycle bin o or trash. But if you have used the “shift + delete” or “command + delete” keys to delete files on your Windows or Mac machine, then you won’t be able to find them in recycle bin or trash. Next you’d better stop adding or altering any files, downloading or installing any apps on your computer. Otherwise you won’t be able to get your files back.
- 2.If you deleted or formatted files from a media storage device.
In this case, there is no such a recycle bin or trash like a computer for you to restore lost files there. All you need to do is to stop adding or transferring files to this device, if possible, please just stop using it. Otherwise, once the files you desire to get back are over-written with new data, they can’t be recovered by any means.
- 3.Using a files recovery software application.
No matter where your deleted or formatted files are stored, if they are not over-written, you can always get all them back completely by a trusted files recovery software application like Tenorshare Data Recovery. Now please follow me to recover deleted & formatted files by using Tenorshare Data Recovery:
- Free download, install and run this application on your computer.
- After running this app, please select a recovery type from the 4 options: Deleted Recovery; Format Recovery; Partition Recovery; Raw Recovery. Here we choose Deleted Recovery or Format Recovery.
- Choose a partition or a removable disk, click “Scan” to search for the lost files.
- As soon as the scanning finishes, click “Recover” to begin deleted files recovery.
- Set a destination folder to save your recovered files.
If you have truly deleted or formatted some important files, please do consider what I’ve talked above, we can assure you that using files recovery software would be the safest and most effective way to get back your lost files!