I performed a system restore on my computer and a lot of my important files were lost. Is there any software to recover files after system restore? Any suggestions will be appreciate.
Lost files after system restore
Operating a system restore won’t make your data erased but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring. If you have backups for your system before you operate a system restore, you can retrieve files from backups after system restore. But I have no backup, are my files gone forever? No! They are not! Those deleted files are still there. The space where the deleted files located before was marked as free for new data to occupy. If only the deleted files were not overwritten by new ones, they can still be recovered. Third party data recovery program make it easy to recover files after system restore. You can still recover lost files with file recovery software with a few clicks!
Retrieve Files after System Restore from Backup
If you have backed up all your files before you restore system, you can retrieve your lost files from backups. Here is the step by step guide to recover files from backup
- Step 1: Insert your backup disk;
- Step 2: Open Start menu and click on “Control Panel.”
- Step 3: Select the “System and Maintenance” option.
- Step 4: Click “Restore files from backup” under “Backup and Restore Center.” Click “Restore files.”
- Step 5: Choose whether you want to restore files from your most recent backup or from an older backup and click “Next.”
- Step 6: Choose whether you want to restore all users’ files or only your files and click “Next.”
- Step 7: Browse or search to restore specific files, or select the option to restore all files.
File Recovery after System Restore (No Backup)
One of the best utitlity to recover files is Tenorshare Data Recovery Software. Install it under instructions with a few clicks.
Almost all data recovery software works in the same way to recover data. They can recover data from hard drive after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data after system restore. And has a trial version that can scan your hard drive for free to preview the information of your files (file name, size, date).
It is easy to recover data after system restore with File recovery software. Taking Tenorshare Data Recovery as an example, there are four steps to recover your files.
- Step 1: Select “Format Recovery”. Choose a partition or a folder, click “Scan”
- Step 2: In “Select file system” window, Select file system of your partition. Click “OK” to start scanning.
- Step 3: Check the formatted files in taskbar, click “Recover” to start recovering files after system restore.
- Step 4: Select a path for the recovered files, click “OK” to complete file recovery. If you want to recover other files, click “Back” to continue file recovery.
The easiest way to recover data after system restore is to use a File recovery program. If needed, download it to scan your hard drive to check out whether your lost files can be retrieved!